Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Everything

Ladies I tend to write things down in this way. I hope you don't mind my sharing. This is what came to my mind in thinking on idols or getting off focus which I often do. Sometimes it's circumstances or situations other times it's just plain busyness which everyone I know these days is busy. There's always a million things going on so it seems so easy to lose your focus.



Psalms 23:1 The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.

The word Lord in this passage is Jehovah-Ro’I, meaning “maker.” My shepherd represents my everything. He is the reason I shall not want. He makes my life complete and causes me to be whole. I am lacking nothing with my Lord.

Today my Heavenly Father continues to remind me that He is my everything. Sometimes the world just seems to fall apart around me. Some old hurts arise and I feel so overwhelmed like it’s more than I can bear. I hear myself crying out, “not this one again Lord.” “This one was on the mend, don’t let this one crumble, it may end up beyond repair.”

My Lord and my shepherd is all knowing. He knows what I can bear and what I can live with. Just when I think it’s too much and I’m ready to give up, the shepherd tending to my life makes His presence known. He reminds me that I must let Him be my everything and I do not want. There is not a longing in my soul that He can’t fill. There is no void in my life.

Right now He whispers, “What is it that you want?” My heart cries out, “I just want you.” I can hear Him telling me He is all I need. I’ve got to know where my heart is. When my heart is in my circumstances then it’s not focused on being whole. Just like the scripture says where your treasure is there will your heart be also. If I am caught up in the situation and my treasure lies in trying to fix things then that’s where my heart is. Treasure is anything that captures our undivided attention for the time. I don’t want anything to have that much power in my life except the one true God.

Heavenly father forgive me for the change of focus, for not making my relationship with you my top priority. You are my maker, and my everything. Thank you for reminding me that nothing is missing in you. Amen.

5 comments:

Karen said...

So many times I get so busy trying to change my circumstances that I forget to ask if this is where God wants me to be. Time wasted.

I loved your post and hope you continue to write this way. :)

connie said...

Wow, I am one that is so quick to jump in and sometimes I found my self in things that God says, ummmm Connie wrong place... I enjoyed your post...
Connie
GBU

UL Cards Fan said...

Hi! I saw your name on LPM blog. My name is Linda Peel and I am a die hard UL Fan living in Lexington and working at the Ky. Clinic as an RN. I like to say I provide diversity for UK! Anyway, I am doing NO OTHER GODS solo but if it is ok, I may check in on your blog from time to time. Maybe all the LPM siestas that are going to LMP Live in Louisville in Aug. could meet sometime during that weekend. Anyway, nice to "meet" you. LINDA

Patty said...

Michelle, thanks for this reminder. It was beautiful and definitely hit me where I needed it today.

Cheri said...

Good post!
Cheri