Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Hi! from Patty

Hi everyone! I think this is going to be so much fun. I love the accountability of studies like this but it's been hard to work one into my crazy work schedule since I moved to Louisville.

I'm 43, single and work in graphic design for the local newspaper. I love telling stories -- whether it's in words or through visuals -- so that side of the business has made up for all the crazy hours and demands.

I grew up in Arkansas, went to college in Missouri, headed to Florida for about 8 years and then went to California for a decade or so.

I grew up in a Baptist church and was very involved through my youth. But I grew disillusioned with organized churches and all of the politics in my young adult years and strayed away from churches. Not my faith, just the Sunday morning deal. Then God put me in just the right place when I moved to California. I found a wonderful church that felt at home the minute I walked in. I had wonderful pastors that spoke lots of truth into my life for a decade. I still miss them.

I came to Louisville about 3 years ago to work at the paper and love the diverse culture of the city as well as the friendly people. Definitely a well-kept secret but it's been fun to explore.

I'm really excited to see where God takes us in the next 8 weeks. It should be fun to "hang out" together here.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Wow, what an interesting life!Welcome to the blog! Yes, it's going to be fun in the weeks ahead. I can't wait to hear everyone's discussions.
Cheri