Friday, June 20, 2008

In case you are interested


A couple of you have asked about the Living Proof event here in Louisville in August. As you know, it is sold out (it probably sold out faster than any other event. Go Louisville!) but there will be a simulcast at Valley View Baptist Church in Louisville. I talked to the lady who is handling all of that and she asked if I would share the following information.

So, I'm sharing.

Because I'm like that. (though my children might disagree. Especially if it's something like cheesecake. Or chocolate. What can I say? I'm a work in progress.)


I digress. Sorry.

The simulcast will be at Valley View Baptist Church. The church is on Old Third Street Road in Louisville. They have seating for 2000. The tickets cost $35.00 and the phone number is 502 935 5142.

Now, what chapter are you all on? I started Monday night so I finished day four last night. If you have done day four, what did you think about it? Did it slap you upside the head like it did me?

He trusts something that can't help him at all. Yet he cannot bring himself to ask, "Is this idol that I'm holding in my hand a lie?" Isaiah 44:20

Ironside says (in the HCSB student bible p. 935) " Idolatry seems inherent in the heart of man. Today, men do not worship idols of gold and silver, and brass and iron, but every man who turns away from God sets up some kind of an idol in his heart. He either worships himself or some folly, pleasure or fame."

Sigh. Strong, convicting words. I thank God today that He is patient and forgiving.

No comments: