Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hello from Sherri!
Siestas, I am so glad I found you! I am 41, married for 11 years, with three boys (!!!).
They are 9, 6 (next week), and almost 3. I grew up Southern Baptist in a large church with an awesome pastor. My husband recently got a job in Frankfort and we are moving there as soon as our house sells--huge prayer request, by the way: quick sale of our house. It is a difficult time for me because I grew up in Memphis and my family is here. But God planned this and has promised to take care of us. My husband has been working up there since February, coming home on weekends. So, things have been weird for us.
I have done most of Beth's studies, and some of them twice! I hope to find one up there somewhere (anyone know of any?). I found out too late about the LPL conference in Louisville, and there were no tickets left. I hope to go to a satellite location.
I am already not as lonely, knowing you guys are out there!

4 comments:

Patty said...

Welcome, Sherri! I know how hard moving to a new place can be. Exciting and scary at the same time. Especially when you're leaving family behind. You're definitely in my prayers! Please let me know how I can help.

Cheri said...

Welcome! I will pray that your house sells in Memphis. I've only lived in Louisville, but I think that Kentucky is a great place to live! You will be close to two nice sized cities, Louisville and Lexington. Traci could let you know about Frankfort (and she knows where there is a satellite location for the conference nearby).
Cheri

kentuckyjo said...

Glad to have you join us!
Jo

Yvonne said...

Sherri,

Welcome to the beautiful Bluegrass State!!! I grew up just a few miles up the road from Frankfort, and since my town was a very small place, I was in Frankfort on a regular basis. I'll be praying for the sale of your house. We've been there, done that, several times and I know just how difficult that can be. I'll be praying for an easy transition for all of you!!

In His Love!

Yvonne