Monday, June 23, 2008

Hi Ladies!

I'm new - Cheri apparently found my entry on the LPM blog and invited me to join! I'm grateful. My name is Melinda and I live in Harrodsburg - about 45 minutes southwest of Lexington. I grew up here, but married a guy from Houston TX and we lived there from 1996-2006. I had the privelege of sitting in on some of Beth Mooore's studies live, at Houston's First Baptist church. It was so cool. And I miss it, let me tell ya! But I'm happy to be home in the Bluegrass. We're still looking for a church - it's a small town, and not a lot of offerings. But I think we've finally narrowed it down to a couple. So hopefully before the summer's out we'll have one to call home. My husband's name is Corey and we've been married 11 years. I have a beautiful daughter, Laurel, who is 6, a beautiful son Sawyer, who is 4, and a beautiful baby girl, Isla (pronounced Eye-la), who is 4 months old. I am homeschooling them and trying to pursue a small photography business at the same time.
My biggest obstacle to doing this study is not only my three children and all their needs (Isla is climbing me as I type with one finger!), but my own lack of self-discipline. I am horrible at time management. I'm having trouble identifying my most powerful idol, but I think it is self-gratification. Whether in regards to the use of my time, eating, shopping (I'm addicted to bargains!) or whatever, I give in to self rather than choosing what's best. There may be a deeper idol that causes the self-gratification, but I haven't identified it yet.
Gotta run - the baby will not let me type anymore!

No comments: