Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The first one

Good morning! I hope each of you had a restful night.

Beth asked that we try and list the main challenge to walking victoriously with God this summer. I probably have a million reasons why this might be a struggle, but the biggest one is probably the way I use my time. (Yvonne, I am so glad you are not an english teacher!) I tend to do a lot of things. I also tend to have a "butterfly mind" so I often flit from thing to thing. I have good intentions (and we all know where the road to good intentions leads...) but I allow things to get in my way. My prayer for this season is that God not also give me a hunger for His Word but that He would keep my eyes focused where they belong...on Him.

I also have to confess that I am horrible at scripture memorization. Not that I can't memorize because I certainly remember the words to songs that I like to sing and lines from movies I enjoy and silly stuff like that. I don't know what the deal is but I am going to memorize this scripture.

Ladies, I am praying for each of you as we walk on this journey. May your day be blessed!

2 comments:

Patty said...

I think my biggest challenge for the summer will be focus/time. I've got so many projects on my list right now and I never want studies to become just another item to check off my to-do list.

Katie A. said...

My biggest challenge will be my job hunt and other things that I have going on in my life like work and other things I am involved in. Pray that I would be able to put the stress of life to the side and focus on this study.