Friday, June 20, 2008

Be Real

Thanks, Karen, for your post. I am so bummed that I am not going to be able to attend the conference in August. I will be in Destin, Florida that week on a family vacation (even though, I am glad that I will be there, don't get me wrong). Last summer, when we were encouraged to get our tickets soon, I thought, good grief, it's a year away! So I didn't buy any, then they were sold out :-( In January I found out what week we would be on vacation, so it was meant to be.
Valley View church is three miles from my house, though.

One thing that has been going through my mind this week, is to Be Real. But, that doesn't mean to"air your dirty laundry" (think Jerry Springer). No matter what face we put on to our friends and family, God knows our true intentions and our heart (my husband knows too, he's been with me long enough). I am so thankful, that even though God knows what a selfish person I am, He cuts me a break, and actually wants my company.

I finished day three yesterday. On the topic of powerlessness, I struggle with certain areas of my life created by myself...eating disorders, slothfulness (laziness to be honest), uncaring attitude. I know that I am powerless to change my ugly self and only God can help me, and I seek Him.
But, I have had an experience where I felt somewhat like the Israelites, where I was completely out of control of the situation. I turned this over to God, because I could do nothing to alter the circumstances. He alone was in charge of the matter and still is. I have to trust Him.

I'm looking forward to your perceptions about the first week. Have a fun weekend!
God bless,
Cheri

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Destin?? The weekend of the LP conference?? So am I!!!! Had my ticket all ready to go and and then realized I would be on the beautiful white sands of Destin. Not that I'm complaining about bein there, mind you, but was incredibly disappointed that I would miss this!!! Maybe we can connect down there.