Sunday, June 22, 2008

Back from the Beach

I have to say after a week at the beach and 2 days in the car, I am beyond happy to be back in KY! Lots of posts to catch up on. That's great.

I just finished day 4 homework. You are right Karen, it really spoke to me too. I have really fallen short of doing all for the glory of God. Beth asked in our homework to name our biggest challenge toward walking victoriously with God this summer. I came up with 2 right off the bat. One is my lack of time (isn't that everyone's??)-or time not spent well-and the other is an internal struggle at our current church. My husband and I are at a huge crossroads over this and all I can ask is prayer for God's will to be done. In the mean time, you may see me in Louisville attending bible study as our church does not offer one.

Has anyone come up with any catchy ways to memorize the scripture? I like the idea of taping it everywhere to read and memorize. I will give it a try.

Enjoy your Sunday ladies. I am off to Owenton to get our beloved bunny rabbit from the pet sitter.

Blesssings,
Traci

2 comments:

AmyH said...

Traci,
Welcome home. As great as vacations are, it is always nice to be home.
I will be praying for you in your church stuggle. Please pray for me as well. My church is also at a huge crossroads. Some days my husband and I feel we should leave and go elsewhere and other days we see new opportunities to continue our ministries there. I don't know if your struggles are the same as ours, but know that I am with you Sister (or should I say siesta.)
Anyway, if it helps---Last year when I went to Deeper Still in Nashville I discovered (as I waited in line to get a good seat) that many, many women I talked with from all over that country were experiencing that same problem. Isn't that interesting??? Wonder what our God is up to. Let me hear your thoughts.
Amy H.

Cheri said...

Traci,
I posted this once, but I guess that I didn't save it. Anyway, I am so happy that you are back and posting!
If you are planning to come to Louisville for Bible Study let me know and maybe we can do lunch! (All Kentucky Siestas are invited!)
I am trying to memorize the scripture by reciting it each time I open the open the blog, and then again before I close the blog.
Praying for your situation at church.
Cheri