Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Hi everyone!

Wow! I'm so excited! Welcome to everyone that has posted. I am including my bio for the new ladies who haven't seen it yet (for the others, sorry for the repeat).


"I'm Cheri, 49 years old, married with five adult children (three girls, two boys) and two grandsons. I am a registered nurse and work in the cardiac telemetry area at a local hospital in Louisville.

I accepted Jesus as Savior at age 17, studied God's Word, fellowshipped with Christians and loved Jesus. As my friends around me started getting married, I got the itch, and entered into a less than perfect marriage. Five years and three babies later, my husband and I divorced. I was devastated because I knew that marriage was for keeps.

For the next four years, I moved into the survival mode, went back to school and received a bachelor's degree in Nursing (with a lot of help from my parents - God bless them). I was single for several more years. During this time, I strayed from the Lord. Eleven years ago at age 38, I married a wonderful man that loved and respected me. We joined our families together, creating a full house with the five children. We are "empty nesters" now (yeah!). My children are my friends, they are all special individuals with God given talent. The grandchildren are icing on the cake!

My desire is to draw closer to Him, to his Word and to serve Him by serving others. I have to keep going back to His throne because my ugly self loves to rear up. "

Ladies, I have a prayer request. I am taking a class (ACLS - Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support) on this Wednesday and Thursday at my work. I have spent very little time in preparing for this class (luckily I've taken this course before, but it's been a couple of years and the class requires a lot of memorization). So, I need pray that my perimenopausal brain will be able to memorize and I can pass the test!
God bless!
Cheri

No comments: