Saturday, June 21, 2008

Good Morning My Dear Siestas

Ladies,

First, please be praying for us today as we welcome someone else into our family. Please pray especially for Jonathan and Samantha as they start their life together, that it will be one that is grounded in Christ. (and as a side note, please pray away any rain since it is an outdoor wedding with NO rain plan!!)

Secondly, I will be leaving in the morning with my husband for a short trip he has to Gatlinburg, TN. so I may not have internet access. (my computer tends to be a little picky with wireless connections). Please pray for safe travel for us and for safety for our son Jordan while we are away.

Third, Jordan will be leaving on Wednesday for a mission trip to Guatemala. Please pray for him and the group from Highview Baptist Church as they minister to an orphanage in Guatemala City. (i'm sure I'll be asking for more prayer for this as time goes on)

I can't begin to tell you how blessed I feel to have this group of ladies to turn to for pray at this point in my life. Thank you in advance for lifting these up to our Precious Savior.

Last, I have really struggled with the question Beth gave us to consider. Struggled because I don't like the answer I keep coming up with. The single biggest hinderance I have for Bible study this summer, for growing closer to my Savior is ME!! There, I've finally admitted to you. I feel so ashamed, but there is no other reason. I am not in school right now, so the countless hours spent with lesson planning, grading papers, searching for better ways to teach a lesson, coaching, and preparing for chapel are all out of the way for now. There are the things that need to be done around here that I have to let go during school, but trust me when I say I continue to let those things go for other things I want to do. I have asked myself "why is this" over and over. I look at those that I believe are on fire for Him and I want it so badly and yet here I am with "ME" as the anwer to what hinders that most. Why IS that, I wonder. I have determined to not let this keep me from pressing on, as the apostle Paul would say. And maybe this is the lesson He wants me to learn...to keep pressing on even when I am standing in my own way.

Have a blessed day.

In His love!!!
Yvonne

3 comments:

connie said...

Yvonne,
You and your family will be in my prayers as you go through the next few weeks...
I'm so glad I met you at Lifeway, and that I was the one you asked where the Member book for (No Other Gods), and got you hooked up this group...
I was oppressed for so many yeas in the Mormon Church, that when I came to Christ I was finally free to do his work, I have been on fire for God ever since... The few times that I have started to let the fire die down is when things start to get uncomfortable for me... I pray each day that the Lord will bring someone in my life that I can talk to or pray for, that has really helped me a lot. So each day I listen to God when he promts to share...
So in my daily prayers for you I will pray that you are no longer the what is stopping you...
I pray that things go well I know its humid out there today but I will pray that the Lord keeps the rain away until later...
Connie
GBU

Cheri said...

I was at work all weekend and sort of "sequestered," but I'm glad that the weather worked out for the wedding! And I hope that your trip to Gatlinburg was fun.
I, too, deal with my self all of the time....self getting in the way of a closer walk with God.
Cheri

Karen said...

I suspect that all our answers really boil down to "me". Lack of time, lack of focus...those usually revolve around choices I've made. So, don't be too hard on yourself. You are no worse off than I am. I guess the important thing is to realize that it is "me" and go forward.

Jessi said the wedding was beautiful!