Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Excite to be here!!

HI to all of you!!! I am so excited to be here. I thought I would be doing this study solo. I had not gotten a book until the last possible second and it turned out to be such a God thing!!! (yes, Lifeway in Louisville does have quite a few of them now!!--thanks Karen!)

A little about me. I am 46, married for 24 years to a wonderful man who is the Sunday School director for the Kentucky Baptist Convention. Before coming to Louisville 11 years ago for him to work at the KBC, we lived and served in churches in SC, Owensboror and Bowling Green. We have two sons who are 19 and 18. Our 19 year old is getting married this Saturday, so please pray for me and him and his sweet little wife. While we are excited, we are also very concerned because they are so young. My youngest son will be a freshman at U of L in the fall. I grew up in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky in a wonderful Christian home. My precious Daddy has gone on to be with the Lord and my mom now lives in Nicholasville. I am a middle school math teacher at Whitefield Academy and love working with middle school students. But English, especially writing is not my thing, so please forgive my mistakes!!!

I have done almost all of Beth's Bible studies and have gotten so much out of them. I am really looking forward to what God is planning to do and how I will grow in Him during this time.

Yvonne

PS> Because of getting ready for the wedding, I may be a little behind at first, but I promise to get it together after that!!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I don't know if I can get used to seeing you as Yvonne. I still think of you as Mrs. Wilson or Johnny Will's mom in my head. :)

I am so glad to have you join us! And I'll be praying about the wedding and your peace of mind. (You know my day is coming!)

Cheri said...

Welcome to the blog! I will be praying for you in the upcoming week. I know that it will be hectic, but try to step back, take it all in, and enjoy it!
Cheri