Sunday, June 22, 2008

Hello from Lexington

I am so happy to be able to study with you. My name is Linda Peel and I am an RN at the KY. Clinic in Lexington in Adolescent Medicine. Teenagers are like White Castles- you either love them or can't stand them and happily for me I love them both. I feel like this job is exactly where God wants me. I graduated from PRP and then went to UK because UL did not have a college of Nursing at the time BUT I am a DIE HARD UL FAN.(GO CARDS!)


NO OTHER GODS is quite different from Beth's studies that I have done but thought provoking nevertheless. From day 3 of week one I have had a couple of times when I was powerless and could only cry out to God. God was faithful. It is very difficult to give things to GOD and then let go; many times I want to give God some direction in how to fix the issue. But in these situations I could do nothing BUT rely on God and His infinite wisdom. And isn't this the POINT? How could I ever think I could advise the Creator of the Universe?

Here is my prayer from p. 21.
Dear Lord,
I have tried to control things in the past but when I have relied on You and not myself you have answered my cries- For myself, for Brittany (my daughter), for my father's health. Help me rely on you for EVERY need.

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Linda,
Sometimes when I try to "fix" something in my life, I can sense God's spirit saying "walk away, Cheri" but I just jump right in the middle and make a worse mess of it. Then later I feel guilty that I didn't rest in Him.
Cheri

connie said...

Linda,
Oh I feel the same way, I mess things up when I try to fix them, I have to just let God do it for me, it works out better...
Connie
GBU

Yvonne said...

I love Lexington!!! Not only is it home to my beloved Kentucky Wildcats, but I love the city. Here I am a die-hard Cats fan in the middle of The Ville and you are in Big Blue Country and bleed red!! I worship and work with a mix of Wildcat and Cardinal fans all the time, so I'm sure we will get along just fine. Glad you could join us. (PS- Do you know David and Amy Balty?)

UL Cards Fan said...

Hi Yvonne, I was not sure where to leave my comment but I "know" Amy from BLOGGING. She found me on the LPM site and left a comment on my Blog and we have been posting ever since. When I first came to Lex. for college I did not like it. It was So much smaller than Louisville but I have grown to like it. My husband is a native Lexingtonian.I wish we had Louisville's park system and Center for the Arts. Maybe I'll meet you at LPM LIVE in Louisville in Aug. LINDA