Saturday, July 5, 2008

Please Pray...

My parents have some friends from high school that need your prayers. The wife and mother, Mary, is dying of breast cancer. You may have seen the article about her girls "graduating" from high school on the front page of the Louisville newspaper on Friday. Please pray for this dear family that has been so faithful in their trust of our Father through so many difficulties. Rejoice that Mary will soon get to be with Jesus and that her husband and daughters will be comforted. Thanks ladies.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

I saw Mary Burnett's story on the news this past week and I prayed for the family. What an inspirational article for the CJ to publish.
I love when daughter Ashley says
"When it seems overwhelming, it helps knowing that I'll get to see my mom again in heaven."
Thank you Jesus for that assurance!

Katie A. said...

It is really exciting that the girls are so assured of that fact. They are very sweet girls! I thought it was a great story as well. The writer did not seem to hold back from sharing about their faith! I cried almost all the way through it because I know about all the struggles through my dad's contact with Doug. I can't even imagine loosing my mom my senior year!