Saturday, July 5, 2008

Hi from Linda in Lexington

Well I finally found my way in! This is so new to me - so please be patient with me as I learn how to do this blog thingy! I am called by several names, Linda Spraggins, Scooter, Mom and Mimi! You can just call me whatever you like best! :) I live in Lexington. Have two children, three grandchildren and a new grand-daughter on the way (will arrive in November).

I will try to keep this introduction short and if anyone would like to know more just e-mail me.

Our son, Pike is the SWAT team coordinator for Lexington Police department. He is married to Alisa, their son is Dawson, he is 9 years old. He is precious! God has gifted him with a compassionate heart and loving spirit. He goes to LCA (Lex Christian Academy) They are expecting our new little grand daughter in November. A very exciting time for them - as they thought they weren't having any more additions to the family! Alisa, is precious and a true blessing from God. She is a stay at home mom. She was an emergency room RN before Dawson was born and a very good one. She and Pike can handle the adrenalin rush that comes with their professions with control and clear thinking! Truly a gift from God. I know He gives these special servants of our care special gifts and incentive to do their job.

Our Daughter, Paige is a stay at home mom also. Joe is her husband. Cramer and Ally Jo are their children. They live in Scott County. Cramer is 13 now - he is our oldest grandchild. Ally Jo is 11. They are also precious! Cramer was born with retinoblastoma that was discovered in his eyes at 7 months old. The Lord was in control of the situation from the start for us! When the news came down we immediately went to Him and thanked Him for this dire circumstance and put Cramer and the whole family and entire medical team that would treat him in Gods more than capable hands.. That evening we were on a flight to Philadelphia to see Drs. Shields and Shields at the Wills Eye Hospital. They are known as leaders in the field of treatment of retinoblastoma. After almost two years of treatment Cramer's eyes had to be removed. The story is long, if anyone wants to know more I will gladly relate it to you. God has so blessed Cramer ( I wish you could meet him). Cramer sees God in a way that I will only see when I get to heaven. He has been an inspiration to many. There were gallons of tears and much heartache during this time. God was so faithful to be right there to pick us up and let us know He was in charge of Cramer and He had a greater glory to come out of this and would take care of "our special blessing". He gave us His Word that comforted us, encouraged us and gave us true hope! I praise Him for everything He is and Does for His children!! Oh - how I love him!
Ally Jo is a true blessing also! She loves to play softball and is going to the UK softball camp next week. She and Cramer also show cattle (Semital) - and that is a long story also. I never in my wildest imagination would have thought my city reared girly girl would someday be enjoying shoveling cow poop out of show stalls!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well now that I have managed to write an epistle I really should close and go get caught up on my homework as I am almost a week behind! Got a little behind taking care of elderly parents and having too much fun with the GRANS!!!! But I shouldn't leave out Gary, My dear Hubby!! He was with IBM/LexMark for 30 years and retired. He loves to fish. We spend part of the winter and spring in Florida (SW) where he fishes the barrier island waters. I miss the grans and spend time setting on the beach and visiting with our Florida friends.

We have one little beagle, Sara that is so much fun for us and the grans.

I have never met you guys, but I know I love you - because you love my Jesus!

Looking forward to learning from you guys! God bless you and all that concerns you and yours! Linda

2 comments:

Traci said...

Welcome Linda!! I'm looking forward to studying the Word with you. My husband also works at Lexmark... maybe they know each other? His name is Scott and he works in Bldg 5. Just curious.

Traci McDavid

Anonymous said...

Hi Traci, Sorry I am so late answering you. I have really been busy - my mother has Alshimersand has really got a lot worse just lately. I am trying to help dad with her while trying to decide what the Lord would have us do for her. I have got so behind on my NOG study that I probably won't get it finished right now. I am also doing another Bible Study with my prayer partner by TW Hunt. I am keeping up with that one. When I started this one I wasn't certain if the Lord wanted me to do two at once.
My husband retired 6 years ago - he was in Financial Planning. His name is Gary Spraggins. We are probably lots older than you guys! IBM moved us here from Texas in 1976.
Where do you attend church? You do live in Lexington? I saw the pic of you and your son - how precious!
All for now, God Bless you and have a wonderful Sunday!
Love you, Siesta Linda (Scooter)