Sunday, July 13, 2008

LIES, LIES, and MORE LIES

How are all my KY. Siestas? Thanks Karen for giving us a wakeup call.

Besides KY. SIESTAS I also participate in a forum called Siestas for Him that was created for this online Bible Study. Since we did not have any homework discussion from Beth last week , our facilitator Sheryl posted discussion questions for week 3.
I am sorry that I didn't post them here earlier but we still have 2 days before Beth's questions come so I'll post some of my thoughts and if you want to answer with your thoughts we would all love it.

From p. 60 Personal Reflection: Eve was deceived. How does her experience parallel our vulnerablity to being decieved today? Keep in mind a deception can be true BUT it is never THE TRUTH.
TV shows and movies rarely show consequences of actions(ex. promiscuity rarely results in sexually transmitted infections or pregnancy). We begin to believe thin people with perfect skin, teeth, and hair are the "norm". We start to believe that "things" (IDOLS) can solve our problems.


From p. 69 Personal Reflection: Paul tells us to continue in what we've been convinced of in the scriptures. Do you routinely read, listen to , or watch programs, movies, magazines, or music
with messages that attempt to convince you otherwise?
All the music I listen to is Christian so when a song pops into my head it is always uplifting BUT, I read books by authors that are not "Wholesome" such as Stephen King, James Patterson , and John Sanford and I like to watch" the Young and the Restless" . I have been a fan since it first debuted in the 70s.
Kelly says on p. 69 that if we are routinely putting ourselves in front of things that compromise the good the Lord wants to accomplish in us, then we are allowing ourselves to be robbed.

On p. 73 Kelly says that we need to know GOD'S TRUTH so that we can identify the deceptions of the enemy.
I'll leave you with the prayer I wrote as a response to the request on p. 76.
Dear Lord,
I love you and know that you love me. Forgive me when I believe Satan's lies. I want to be a light. I want to draw people to you. Help me to have a GODLY attitude. AMEN


KEEP BELIEVING GOD LADIES!!!! Blessings, LINDA

No comments: