Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Beth's Message # 3: True, but not the Truth

Beth has posted our discussion questions for sessions three and four.
(I guess the wellness tip this week was "quit giving mixed messages to your hair, you hair-etic!" :-)

I also decided to post the questions in the opposite order, so that the first appears newest on the blog page and the last is oldest. I hope that this is better in terms of chronological order.

NOG - p. 62
"Satan will tell us what's true, but he never tells us the truth!"
Has Satan ever told you something true, but it wasn't the truth?

2 comments:

Katie A. said...

I think this question really hit home for me in the study. Recently, with my job hunt, Satan has been telling me these half truths like I don't have a job yet so I won't have a job doing what I love. This has been a difficult one because I know that God will provide me with a job and I have to trust that.

Yvonne said...

Satan continues to bring up "old sins" which wrap me in guilt. Yes it is truth that the sins were committed, but the lie comes where he tries to make me believe that I am beyond hope, love, acceptance by my Savior. I have begun to cling to God's truth, that our sins are forgiven and are as far as the east is from the west.