Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lifeway Visit

Yesterday, I had the privilege of meeting with our Kentucky Siestas that work at Lifeway - Connie, Karen and Katie (along with a few of their great co-workers)! Believe it or not, yesterday was my first visit to the store. Crazy isn't it? I've lived in Louisville all of my life, but haven't shopped there. We used to have a Christian bookstore a couple of miles from my house, but it closed (leaving us Southwest Jeffersonians with no bookstore, secular or Christian; no "better" clothing store; no mall within 15 plus miles....wah! wah! wah!).
Anyway, it was so good to put a face with the names of these wonderful ladies that I have grown to know and love! And I left with 42 dollars worth of merchandise and I wanted to buy so much more! I bought the trade book "No Other Gods" suggested by Karen, and I am halfway through it - it's a good narrative that adds to the Bible study.
Southeast Christian is gearing up for Living Proof event. I would love to be here, but I will be on the white beaches of Destin (and so will Yvonne's family). I know that everyone that attends will be blessed! FYI: Southeast Christian was requesting their home group to park in three remote parking areas and shuttle over. I'm sure that leaving early for the event each day would be good advice :-)

6 comments:

connie said...

Cheri,
It was great meeting you and having you in Lifeway yesterday...
I didn't know you lived on the South West part of Louisville, so do I, we should meet up more often...
Your in my prayers...
Connie
GBU

Katie A. said...

Cheri,
I was so excited to finally meet you. I vote that all the rest of the Siestas come to meet us at Lifeway, or visit the bookstore at the Living Proof event in Louisville if you are coming where some of us will be volunteering!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had known there was going to be a gathering of sorts. I totally would have driven up. I love that store!

I will be volunteering at the bookstore for the event. I wont know a soul there so I will be anxiously excited to meet you guys there!

Traci from Frankfort

Ugh, I forgot my password so I will be anoymous today!

Cheri said...

I hope that we all can get together and meet face to face. When I get back from Destin I will work on seeing if we can make that a reality.
I hope that you guys can connect at the Beth Moore event. I think that Amy is coming up also.
Cheri

AmyH said...

Hey girls,
I am coming to the Living Proof event at Southeast. I can't wait. I hope to meet a few of you there. It sounds like I could just come to the bookstore. ANy other specifics about how to find you guys there??
amy

Anonymous said...

Amy,

No idea about the bookstore. We meet at 3p Friday and that will be my first time there. My name is Traci...probably the only one and I would imagine we will have nametags. Please introduce yourself!! Click on my name to the right to see my picture. I have totally forgotten my password so I can't post it here.