Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bible Study?



Hi Ladies!
I'm curious, is anyone involved in Bible study this late summer/early autumn?
I just started Beth Moore's "Stepping Up - A Journey Through the Psalms of Ascent."
I am meeting with a group of ladies in a home study here in Louisville. This is my fourth study with this group of wonderful women. We met for the first time last Wednesday, and guess what, I'm already behind on my homework!
This past week has been busy with trips, work, and family get-togethers! Traci and I took an excursion to Cincinnati Museum and finally met face to face. We had a great time and I think that I talked her ears off. While at the museum, we had a real life review in anatomy and were newly amazed at the miracle of the human body!
After the Stepping Up study is finished, I plan to get back to studying "Believing God" (Beth Moore). I started this online study by myself around the time that I started NOG and Heaven. Needless to say, it was too much to try more than one study at a time!
Please share any Bible studies that you are now attending or doing solo.
God bless!
Cheri

8 comments:

Peggy said...

Hello sisters,

I am planning on doing Beth's "Jesus, the One and Only, being offered at church with our Women's Ministry.

Peggy

Cheri said...

Peggy,
It's been many years ago, but I did that study - Jesus, the One and Only. I thought about repeating it this fall, but it was offered on the night that we babysit our grandchildren. It's a very good study though!
Cheri

Anonymous said...

I just ordered Stepping Up as well. I am sorry I wasn't able to complete our NOG study, but a move and an adoption that is finally becoming complete has kept me very busy. I am looking forward to getting into this study!

Blessings all!

Lisa Sickles

Karen said...

Well, somehow I am apparently doing two studies on the Proverbs 31 woman. Who is like at the top of my "don't like" list because she is all the things that I am not. And I don't have really high hopes of being like her at the end of the studies either! :) One study is Donna Partow's 90 day study (I typed 900 days originally. If it really took that long, I might actually get it!) and the other is Creative Counterpoint that I am doing online. I am open to another study if anyone wants to do one! :)

blessings,
karen

Katie A. said...

I am doing Patriarchs solo with the audio CDs. It has been great so far.

Anonymous said...

I loved The Patriarch's Katie...it was one of my favorites.

Right now I am doing Breaking Free in preparation for my trip to the taping in New Orleans in Nov. I am also thinking of starting a Priscilla Shirer study with Sherri this month. I've never tried 2 studies at once. Hope I can handle it!

Traci

Cheri said...

Lisa,
If you want to discuss the "Stepping Up" series online or within email, just let me know.
I've finished the first week and both the video and the homework is very inspirational! Matter in fact, about half of my home Bible study group was tearing up today. Bless the Lord!

Karen,
You are so funny! With both of the Proverbs 31 Bible studies and the Cover to Cover series, you must have your hands full. Have you ever studied "Stepping Up"?

Sherri said...

I am doing Priscilla Shirer's new study, "Can We Talk?" at Immanuel Baptist in Louisville. It is about having deeper conversations with God,and about truly delving into scripture. I look forward to it!
I've done "Jesus the One & Only"--twice! I got much more out of it the second time around. It is a great study. So is "Patriarchs." I wish I could do "Steppin' Up' or the one on David, but there's no place offering it at a good time for me.
Karen, you are so funny--that Proverbs 31 woman has been the source of a lot of angst with me! I'm anxious to hear how the studies turn out!