Thursday, September 18, 2008

Stranded without electricity, I read The Shack


Well, ladies, since I did not have electricity early this week, I holed up at home and read "The Shack." I know we talked about this book in an earlier post (Sunday, July 27 - I don't know how to create Links or I would "link" you to the post. Can someone teach me how to do that? :-). My sister in law was reading the book then, and to tell you the truth, I haven't asked her opinion about it yet. But, a member of my home Bible study, who has tragically lost a child, told us that she was reading it. I trust her opinion as a woman of God, so I thought, well, I might as well read it.

For me to read an entire book in two days means it fascinated me and made an impact. But, before I give my opinion of the book, I want to reread the "meat" of the book and just contemplate it. I know, you're thinking "why is she bringing this up if she isn't ready to comment on it?" Well, I'm curious, who has read this book and what do you think?
Oh, and you Northern Kentucky gals, did you survive Storm Ike OK? Us - Ike gave our tree in the backyard a good shearing with several downed limbs, but no damage to our property.
That brings me to a prayer request....we can replace "things," but please pray for the Wiche family that lost their precious 10 year old boy, Frederic "Eric" Wiche Wilson on Sunday (he was doing yard work and was killed by a downed tree). He is the grandson of a wonderful man, Fred Wiche, who used to do a segment on the local TV news "The Weekend Gardener." Fred passed away just before his grandson, Eric, was born. Now they are together with Jesus! Pray for the family that are left behind.
God Bless!
Cheri

1 comment:

connie said...

I have read The Shack, there are a lot of things I want to say about the book, but i'm not ready as you, give me a few days and I will post again about it...
Connie
GBU